Boulder Vitality’s Daily Probiotic PLUS provides healthy flora to the intestines to support and maintain digestive health, optimize your body’s ability to absorb nutrients and build a strong immune system. When probiotic friendly bacteria are paired with digestive enzymes, nutrient absorption in the intestines is maximized.
Why A Daily Probiotic?
Food processing, pollution, antibiotic overuse and environmental toxins reduce the bacteria in the body and when good bacteria are diminished it leaves room for the bad bacteria to move in. By taking a daily probiotic the ratio of good to bad bacteria can be consistently re-balanced to support digestive health.
Friendly bacteria are the first line of defense against invading pathogens. They work to assimilate nutrients and prevent infection in the GI tract. In addition, probiotics play a key role in the process by which food and waste move through the digestive system. They also help promote regularity.
A recent study published in The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism showed a link between supplementing with probiotics and increased absorption levels of Vitamin D. For this reason, Vitamin D is added to the Boulder Vitality Probiotic PLUS as most of us are deficient in this vitamin, which has been shown to provide protective effects against a variety of cancers in addition to a long list of other health benefits.
- Aids in the digestion of carbohydrates and proteins
- Supports production of B vitamins, including folic acid
- Protects the gut from infection by producing acids that kill pathogens
- Produces enzymes that aid in the digestion of dairy
- Inhibits unfriendly bacteria that cause skin problems, constipation, gas, bad breath, stomach ulcers and dysentery (suppresses H. pylori, the bacteria known to cause ulcers).
- Helps the body absorb valuable minerals
- Shown to aid in cholesterol metabolism
- Supports and stimulates the immune system (combats yeasts and fungal infections)
- Suppresses cancerous cells
- DDS-1 also produces the natural antibiotic, or bacterocin, called “acidophilin”
The DDS-1 strain of L. acidophilus is a unique superstrain that is a highly-stable probiotic , of human origin. It is the essential microorganism in our probiotic formula.